You now have simple and effective ways to stay sober today, face your life successfully and clear up any past mistakes. All that remains is your willingness to share some of these simple AA practices and ideas with other alcoholics. By giving it away you will keep it because you will be reinforcing it in your own mindset.
If those you share with are willing, honest and open-minded towards spiritual concepts and practices then they too can stay sober and recover from alcoholism. The only thing that might prevent them is contempt prior to investigation. This practice fulfills step 12.
You don’t have to do a lot, it is suggested you consider one or more of the following ways to carry the message:
- Share one or more of the basic practices from Part I or Part II, either one on one or in other meetings you attend.
- Volunteer in this meeting to deliver one of the 4 parts of this group’s message. Let us know.
- Volunteer to start a new meeting with this exact format but at another time and location so that more people can attend and receive this message. We will get you everything you need to get started. Our goal is 12 different meeting times and locations this year.
Here are some simple things to share at meetings or with others:
- Announce this meeting as:
“The Steps Made Simple group focuses on how to stay sober one day at a time and how to face life successfully. It covers the entire AA program in one meeting- and then repeats each week. It meets on (day, time location).”
- Share the basic practice from Part I – The 24 Hour Plan 14 This is A.A. – An Introduction to the A.A. Recovery Program pamphlet.
- Share the basic practice from part II – As we go through the day we pause, when agitated or doubtful, and ask for the right thought or action. We relax and take it easy. We don’t struggle. We are often surprised how the right answers come after we have tried this for a while. 86 Alcoholics Anonymous
- If this meeting has helped you share about it, so others might come and make use of it.
- Always try to pause, get calm and speak clearly and simply when it comes to this message; that way more people will better understand it.
- Try to refrain from arguing or convincing others, just share calmly and let go.
Thanks for being here. Coming to this meeting was an act of open mindedness. We hope you keep coming back or so these simple practices can deepen in your life.